Δευτέρα 25 Μαΐου 2009

Ohh lala's Top 6 EUROVISION 2009

Ohh lala's Top 6 EUROVISION 2009....i think they deserve 12 points.............


top 1 (the winner)
ESTONIA

Biography

Six beautiful and talented girls from Estonia are representing the tiny Baltic country this year. They want to give a breathtaking show and think 'it doesn't matter whether to sing for your grandmother or on the stage of the Eurovision Song Contest'.

Urban Symphony - combining electronic sounds with acoustic instruments

Urban Symphony was formed two years ago, when singer Sandra Nurmsalu took part in Estonian Television’s most popular young soloist competition Kaks Takti Ette, which included a bands' round. That was what sparked the idea to combine modern electronic music with acoustic instruments to find new and sometimes surprising resonance and colour.

Urban Symphony comprises of the singer and violinist Sandra Nurmsalu, cellists Johanna Mängel and Mari Möldre and viola player Mann Helstein, all of whom have been deeply involved in music since childhood. For performing their Eurovision Song Contest entry, Marilin Kongo and Mirjam Mesak joined the group to sing back vocals.

Urban Symphony girls, who between them have over 40 years of experience in playing musical instruments, admit that as they are young they grant themselves the right to reconsider things, to start their quest all over again or to alter course completely. They are interested in beauty in its purest meaning. The music of Urban Symphony should have a fairy-tale-like effect on listeners – simple, sincere and dreamy.

Sandra Nurmsalu

Urban Symphony’ singer is Sandra Nurmsalu. 20-year-old Sandra has two passions – singing and violin playing and Urban Symphony has given her the chance to combine these. Ten years of violin studies in classic music have also taken her to the roots of Estonian folk music – for seven years, she played and sang in folk group Pillipiigad giving concerts and performing at festivals all over Estonia and in Europe. For 3 years she has also been part of folk band Virre.

Johanna Mängel

Johanna Mängel is 18 years old and cello studies have been part of her life for twelve years. Outside her classical music studies, Johanna has thanks to her inherent curiosity played cello not only in various local and international orchestras, but also in rock bands – well-known Estonian bands Aides, Slide-Fifty, Vennaskond. Besides playing musical instruments, Johanna is interested in composing, fashion and film, and she also writes critical reviews of various music events for music magazines.

Mari Möldre

The baby of the band is the 16-year-old Mari Möldre, who started practicing cello already at the age of six. Despite her young age, she has always been dedicated to music, for besides cello playing she has been involved in singing and piano playing, taken part in various projects and been a part of several musical collectives. Numerous performances have taken her to different places in the world – even Australia! When she has time left over from school and music activities, Mari takes an interest in architecture and drawing.

Mann Helstein

Mann Helstein is Urban Symphony’s viola player. She started her studies at the age of ten, learning to play violin. By today, the 21-year-old Mann has as a member of various international orchestras travelled all over Europe. In addition, she is currently studying quality and environmental management.

Marilin Kongo

Back vocal singer Marilin Kongo is 22. She got introduced to music through dancing, which she has been practicing since the age of five. In addition to dancing and singing, she is very closely engaged in a multitude of musical projects.

Mirjam Mesak

The 18-year-old Mirjam Mesak is also singing back vocals. She has been actively involved in music for ten years and at the moment she is studying classic song besides preparing to finish secondary school. Mirjam first appeared on the Eurovision Song Contest stage at the age of twelve, when she was part of an interval act at the Eurovision Song Contest held in Tallinn in 2002. In Helsinki in 2006, Mirjam sang back vocals to Gerli Padar in the Estonian entry Partners In Crime.

LYRICS

rändajad…

kõrbekuumuses liiva
lendab kui jääkülma lund
öö peagi laotamas tiivad
rändajaid saatma jääb tuul

see on tee
nad rändavad nii päevast päeva
see on tee
nad rändavad siis ajast aega
see on tee
ta nähtamatu rajana kulgeb
nende tee
ta ootab kui riskida julged

külmunud hingi vaid saadab
kuuvalgus varje neist loob
päikesekiirena sooja
hommik taas endaga toob

see on tee
nad rändavad nii päevast päeva
see on tee
nad rändavad siis ajast aega
see on tee
ta nähtamatu rajana kulgeb
nende tee
ta ootab kui riskida julged

nad rändavad nii päevast päeva
nad rändavad siis ajast aega
ta nähtamatu rajana kulgeb
ta ootab kui riskida julged

üle mägede taevasse kaigub hääl

nad rändavad nii päevast päeva
nad rändavad siis ajast aega
ta nähtamatu rajana kulgeb
ta ootab kui riskida julged

see on tee


top 2
UKRAINE

The creative genius of Svetlana Loboda performs for Ukraine at this year's contest. She's a local icon in many areas, starting with singing and ending with script writing and fashion.
Svetlana Loboda - singer, composer, musical and fashion producer, script writer

BIOGRAPHY

Svetlana Loboda was born on the 18th of October, 1982 in Kyiv, the 2005 Host City of the Eurovision Song Contest.

Studying piano, conducting, variety and jazz vocal, having the experience of composer, leading role actress in musical, TV host, designer, photographer, singer in Ukraine’s, Russia’s and CIS most popular girls band and finally a solo artist, in her 27th year Svetlana has come up as one of the top music stars in her country.

From very early ages the future queen of epatage showed a strong tension for music and acting, showing the real home musicals for her parents and relatives on family holidays. In the specialized music school Svetlana studied piano and at the same time mastered the art of singing and conducting.

Having finished music school Svetlana didn’t give up her music studies and entered the department of variety and jazz singing at Kyiv Variety And Circus Academy. It was the time, when she become a member of the band Cappuccino. In 2003 Svetlana Loboda participated in the casting for the first ever Ukrainian professional musical The Equator, where she got the leading role of Mirana.

In December 2003, Svetlana started a new band – Catch. She works out the repertory and stage costumes for the band. That was her first professional experience of composer and designer.

In 2004 Svetlana went to the casting for VIA Gra band, well-known in Eastern Europe and having successful gigs in Japan and other countries. Thanks to her vocal, choreography, and magnetic image she managed to surpass nearly 500 rivals and became a new soloist of the band. Svetlana’s first appearance as a member of the band was a special guest performance in the TV-show Star Factory.

At the end of November 2004 Svetlana Loboda started her solo career.

Svetlana’s first solo music video was Cherno-Belaya Zima (Black-and-white Winter). In a year, in November 2005, she released her debut album Ty Ne Zabudesh (You Won’t Forget).

In 2006, Svetlana worked as the presenter for the TV-programme ShowMania and in 2007 become the host of Miss CIS.

In Spring 2008, the singer released the album Ne Macho (Not Macho).

April 2008 saw the launch of her own fashion line wearing the name F*ck The Macho. The scandalous, as it may seem, the idea became the popular trend and stylish concept, expressing social protest against false glamorous trends and sticky stereotypes.

The creative potential of Svetlana doesn’t end up with the described! Later on, in Autumn 2008, she tries herself as the script writer for the music video Za Chto (For What) which proved to be a success


LYRICS

You are so sexy BOM
Gonna make me crazy BOM
We’re gonna do the BOM BOM

Ain’t that amazing BOM

I’m very busy BOM
It’s not so easy BOM
I’m gonna tease you BOM BOM
Without a reason BOM

I'll call you on the phone
You speak in monotone

Don't want to be alone
Because I'm crazy, BOM.

Baby
Baby you’re so fine
Be my
Be my Valentine

Of my pride and prejudice
I will just reminisce
These are the things you can’t miss
Come on give me a kiss

There’s nothing dangerous
I know what’s waiting on us
We’ll keep each other restless
Oh boy you look impressed

The charm that I possess
Will put you to the test
To satisfy my interest
Come over be my guest

I’ll show you to my nest
You’re under arrest
The others may be jealous
Cause you’re the one who’s blessed

Baby
Baby you’re so fine
Be my
Be my Valentine

Baby, I can save your world!
I'm your anti-crisis girl!


top 3
TURKEY

Hadise was born in 1985, in Belgium as a daughter of a Turkish couple. Took her first steps in music with the talent contest Pop Idol in 2003. Being discovered here, her first professional work, the single Sweat was a chart success and gained interest from the Belgian audience. Six months later her second single Stir Me Up was released. This was the song that earned recognition for Hadise in Turkey, where her roots are. Hadise’s strong vocals and high dynamics of the song was acknowledged all through Europe.

Released in September 2005, Milk Chocolate Girl became Hadise’s highest chart runner back then. Including the three singles and a fourth one Ain’t No Love Lost, the first studio album Sweat was completed in the same year. The success of this album and the amazing reception of the next single A Good Kiss brought victory for Hadise at the most important music awards in Belgium: TMF Awards. In the Best Urban National category Hadise was the winner in both 2006 and 2007.


The second self-titled studio album was released in June 2008, including the singles A Good Kiss and My Body alongside Deli Oğlan and Aşkkolik which both went on to be huge hits in Turkey. My Body earned her the biggest critical acclaim she had got so far. Now Hadise is one of Turkey's most popular singers and was consequently chosen to represent the country in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 in Moscow with her song Düm Tek Tek.

LYRICS

Baby you’re perfect for me
You are my gift from heaven
This is the greatest story
Of all times
We met like in a movie
So meant to last forever
And what you’re doing to me
Feels so fine

Angel, I wake up and live my dreams
Endlessly
Crazy for you!

Can you feel the rhythm in my heart
The beat’s going Düm Tek Tek
Always out it like there’s no limit,
Feels like there’s no way back

Baby, I read all answers
In your exotic movements
You are the greatest dancer
Of all times
You make me feel so special
No one can kiss like you do
As if it’s your profession
Feels so fine…

top 4
ALBANIA

Albania will have one of the youngest performers this year but none the less a total professional, having won several prizes and having a career of more than six years!

Biography


Kejsi Tola

She was born on the 5th of February in 1992 and will now represent Albania in the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest.

Kejsi is studying in the artistic lyceum of Jordan Misja in Tirana.

Her career started when she was 11-years-old in the Young Voices of Albanian Festival Song contest winning the first prize, and two time winner of the young voices of the Shkodra Festival Contest.

In the first Contest of Young Geniuses she was one of the ten finalists. In 2008 she won the Best New Artist prize in the Friday Fever Song Contest of Albanian modern music, and in 2008 winner of the Albanian Radio Television Song Contest with the song Carry Me In Your Dream which will represent Albania at Europe's favorite TV-show.

“I love singing and this is very important for me. Music gives me an inner strength, which I sometimes don’t show up in my daily life, but that comes out when on stage.” These are the words of Kejsi waiting to sing her dream in the Olimpiyski Indoor Arena in Moscow.

LYRICS

My love for you grows with each passing day
I’m by your side when you’re away
When I miss you and long for your care
I close my eyes and you there.

All that I ask is one moment in time
No strings attached, no drawing lines
You fill my thoughts even when you’re not here
I close my eyes, close my eyes and I feel
You’re there!

Take my love, take my heart
Carry me with you in your dreams
No, no never let go
Wonder of love – Magical glow.

Take my love, take my heart
Carry me with you in your dreams
No, no never let go
Wonder of love – Magical glow.

All that I ask is one moment in time
No strings attached, no drawing lines
You fill my thoughts even when you’re not here
I close my eyes, close my eyes and I feel
You’re there!

Take my love, take my heart
Carry me with you in your dreams
No, no never let go
Wonder of love – Magical glow.

Search for me in your dreams
Search for me, it’s where I’ll be.

Take my love, take my heart
Carry me with you in your dreams
No, no never let go
Wonder of love – Magical glow. (2)

top 5
ROMANIA

Biography

Elena is half Romanian and half Macedonian. She comes from a family of priests and she believes strongly that the most important thing in the world is her family. Elena has a sister, Ana, journalist, and a brother, Costin, the footballer of “Sportul Studenţesc”. Her mother, Marioara Man George is a folk artist.

When she was 3 years old she debuted on the folk music scene with her mother, Marioara George Man with the song Sus în Deal în Poieniţă.

In the fifth grade she joined the Children´s National Palace. That was where she took singing lessons. In 2000 Elena won the gold trophy Little Bear (Baia Mare) with One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston. In 2001 she participated in the Mamaia Festival.

In 2003 Elena became the singer of Mandinga, a very successful band - a project of Latino music. In June 2003, Mandinga released the first album – De Corazon.

In March 2005, Mandinga was placed 4th in the National Eurovision Selection with the song My Sun which got a golden disc one year later.

In January 2006, Elena opened her own dance school called Passitos. One month later, Elena ended the collaboration with Mandinga and started her solo career, with the help of the musical producer Laurenţiu Duţă. In June 2006 Elena released her first solo album, entitled Your Voice.

In March 2007 Elena won the prize Radio România Actualitaţi for best performing act in 2006 and was nominated for the Best Song of 2006 section with the song Your Voice.

In August 2007 at the Romanian Top Hit Music Awards, Elena won the award for Best Song of 2007, with the song Your Brown Eyes.

LYRICS

It’s time for me to unwind
I’m gonna start my weekend with gin tonic and lime.
My girls take me for a ride , ready to party and looking so fine.
I wonder if beyond this , there could be something better.
Cause I feel so good tonight, don’t wanna end this night.

Chorus

The Balkan girls they like to party like nobody , like nobody,
For crowd delight , we’ll shine all night.
The Balkan girls they like to party like nobody , like nobody,
For crowd delight , we’ll shine all night.

My hips are ready to glow,
This record is so hot and I have so much to show.
I’ll find a boy for a kiss.
Who knows maybe he’ll be my prince.

I wonder if beyond this , there could be something better.
Cause I feel so good tonight, don’t wanna end this night.

Chorus

The Balkan girls they like to party like nobody , like nobody,
For crowd delight , we’ll shine all night.
The Balkan girls they like to party like nobody , like nobody,
For crowd delight , we’ll shine all night.

(You got to live your life)
If you didn’t find out what love is about.
And if you’re lonely baby.
Just open your mind , you’re one of a kind,
You got to live your life.

Chorus

The Balkan girls they like to party like nobody , like nobody,
For crowd delight , we’ll shine all night.
The Balkan girls they like to party like nobody , like nobody,
We’ll shine all night.

top 6
AZERBAIJAN
On the 12th of February 2009 Azerbaijan announced the launch of the Eurovision duo of AySel & Arash. Young AySel will compete for the victory in this year's Eurovision Song Contest along with the experienced songwriter and artist Arash.

Biography

AySel

AySel was born in Baku on 25th of April, 1989 in the family of a University professor. Her Zodiac sign is Taurus, the underpinning of her ambitious, committed, self-confident personality, who loves the atmosphere of competition.
AySel is just 19, but her ambition coupled with the faith in her talent has already led the young artist to the main stage of the European show business, the Eurovision Song Contest stage, as the representative of Azerbaijan.

AySel started to sing at the age of four. She begun taking part in national vocalists’ competitions when she was eight. In 2001, she won the prestigious Azerbaijani contest Рohre. At thirteen, AySel enters a Baku music school where she learns to play the piano and sung in the choir. The piano is AySel’s passion since childhood. No wonder, since AySel’s parents still keep a unique XVIII-century piano at home.

In 2004 AySel went to study in the USA as a student of the exchange program FLEX. Within days from her arrival to the USA, she signed up for the local choir and begun training for young vocalists competitions. During her year in the US, AySel won 3 gold medals at prestigious contests which were held in the Southern Arkansas University and in the University of Texas at Austin.

Currently she continues her studies in the Azerbaijani University of Foreign Languages and is simultaneously working hard to prepare for the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 in Moscow.


Arash

Famous singer, author, entertainer and producer Arash was born the 23rd April 1977 in Tehran, Iran. At the age of ten he and his family moved to Sweden. His debut album Arash was released by the Warner Brothers Music in June 2005, after he had finished college. His singles, Boro Boro (Go Away) and Temptation, made it to the hit lists around Europe, and their respective videos garnered significant airplay on more than twenty MTV outlets across the world. In addition he has had hits notably in Eastern European and South-East European charts. He has gone gold in 5 countries: Germany, Russia, Slovenia and Greece for his album, Arash, and in Sweden for Boro Boro.

Arash has Azerbaijani roots that is why he had decided to take part in the Azerbaijani Eurovision Song Contest national selection. In February his song Always won the selection to represent the country. On the 12th of February 2009 Azerbaijan announced the launch of the Eurovision duo of AySel & Arash. The decision to create the duo of AySel and Arash was taken by the seven-member jury of the Azerbaijani national final.


Lyrics

Always on my mind
Always in my heart

I`ve been waiting for you night after night

Like a shadow staying close to the light

Suddenly you stand beside me and I see
A million burning stars
Oh
Like a shadow staying close to the light

Suddenly you stand beside me and I see
A million burning stars
Oh


Chorus:
You are
Always on my mind
Always in my heart
And I can hear you call my name
On a mountain`s high
Always on my mind
Always in my dreams
I wanna hold you close to me
Always all the time

I believe I`m addicted to you
In your eyes I see dreams coming true
Finally I have found you and now
I will never let you go
No

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου