Δευτέρα 6 Ιουλίου 2009

OHLALA INTERVIEW ANDREW DIPALMA by ALEK & STEPH

Film and television actor Andrew DiPalma was raised in the suburbs of Philadelphia and began performing at age 6, when he learned to play saxophone, clarinet, guitar and piano. In high school, he relocated to Atlanta, where he performed in numerous theater productions and won statewide and regional awards.

DiPalma’s work earned him a prestigious drama scholarship to attend The University of Georgia. Upon graduation, he returned to Atlanta to begin his professional career in acting and enjoyed a year-and-a-half stint with the Southeast’s longest running comedy, “Peachtree Battle.” As a result of his success on the show, he secured multiple regional and national commercials.

In 2006, DiPalma moved to Los Angeles and quickly gained attention for his work in television and film. His many projects have included such films as We Are Marshall, starring opposite Matthew McConaughey and Kate Mara for director McG; Killer Movie, starring opposite Paul Wesley and Kaley Cuoco for director Jeff Fisher; and the upcoming horror Deadgirl, for directors Marcel Sarmiento and Gadi Harel. This fall, he will be co-starring in the much-anticipated feature The Joneses, opposite David Duchovny and Demi Moore.

In television, he has co-starred in the groundbreaking ABC Family series The Middleman. Currently, DiPalma may be seen in platinum-selling artist Lady Gaga’s latest video, “Paparazzi.”

DiPalma lives in Los Angeles and is represented by Michael Greene and Associates in Beverly Hills.

+ Andrew DiPalma Official Site
+ Andrew DiPalma Facebook
+ Contact Andrew DiPalma

Who is Andrew DiPalma ?
I'm an actor from the East Coast - I was born in Philadelphia and moved to the South for high school and college. I have been in LA for 2 years and I love it. I focus primarily on TV and Film work - and I love doing commercials and print. I speak fluent Spanish and love to travel. I've been really lucky with my journey out here in LA - I've teamed up with a lot of great people and things are really falling into place for me. I'm grateful for the way things have turned out.

Where have we seen you before ?
My first film was in 2006 with Kate Mara and Matthew McConaughey called "We Are Marshall," where I played a Marshall University student co-starring with Kate. I recently did a film called Deadgirl, a coming-of-age horror film where I played the quintessential high school "jock" - which was a much edgier, darker role for me. Deadgirl debuted last September at the Toronto International Film Festival during Midnight Madness to sold out screenings and is set for Theatrical release this upcoming July. I had a co-starring role on ABC Family's "The Middleman" as well.

What are your upcoming projects ?
I just finished shooting "The Joneses" which starrs David Duchovny and Demi Moore. I was cast to play David Duchovny's golf instructor. That is due out sometime this year.

Where did you go to college?
I went to The University of Georgia. I have a degree in Spanish, and a degree in Advertising.

What is your favorite city?
My favorite city is Barcelona. I lived there for a year in college to study Spanish. It is, without a doubt, the perfect city for me.

How do you stay in shape ?
I work out :) Going to the gym has become therapeutic for me. I have a ways to go...

What do you enjoy doing in you free time?
Free time - what free time? I work a lot and keep really busy. I like catching up on movies and TV shows that I'm usually behind on.

Where do you see your self 5 years from now?
In five years I hope to have a very successful career in the public eye underway and lots of philanthropic work.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου