Τετάρτη 26 Αυγούστου 2009

David Guetta Interview


DJ David Guetta will not make a better album than this. That is not the view of the critics but rather his own assessment of ‘One Love’, which is out next week. With three of its tracks already reaching number 1, Guetta perhaps rightly believes it won’t get much better than this:

“I think it’s my best album ever. Even in the future I don’t think I can do better than this. It’s been great because I have three number one records already. It’s a truly unbelievable start for an album like this.”

He is sitting in his hotel room in Barcelona in the midst of a one city per night tour that will see him fly back and forth to America twice in one week before he takes centre stage at Creamfields at the end of the month. It’s a hectic time but he’s managing to make music along the way. He always makes music:

“I don’t watch TV, I don’t go to the gym. All I do is work on tracks. It’s funny that even though my album is finished, it doesn’t matter, I’m still making tracks.”

Guetta’s remarkable rise in the past 12 months can be attributed mainly to his collaboration with some of the biggest stars in urban music world. It started with Kelly Rowland and “When Love Takes Over” which rocketed to number one across the world earlier in the year. Guetta shares a special relationship with Rowland which he is thankful for.

“We really get along and it was very unique because it’s the first track I did with somebody from the urban world,” he says. “Together we were like ‘That’s it, we have a new sound!’ and I think I’m very thankful to her and she is to me because we really brought to each other something that we needed.”

After Rowland, Guetta immediately started working with Will.I.Am from the Black Eyed Peas on another number one ‘I Gotta Feeling’. He describes the day of recording as a surreal experience.

He explains: “First day I’m in the studio with Black Eyed Peas and because we were working on something very different Puffy and Busta Rhymes drop in so I was shaking with nerves! And then I go out to the bathroom and I bump in Pharrell Williams! This is my first day in a studio in America so no pressure!”

Next was R&B star Akon to complete the trio of number ones with ‘Sexy Bitch’, released this week. It was a chance meeting as Guetta explains:

“He was on stage after me and he was like ‘Hey, I wanna work with you!’ so we went to the studio and made music all night.”

Such opportunities are beyond his wildest dreams:

“A lot of very big artists are calling me at the moment,” he says. “I really feel blessed having to work with these talented people.”

It’s a busy time for Guetta but he’s looking forward to getting to Creamfields on August 29, a special venue for him:

“I love playing Creamfields. It’s a very, very good festival. I always have the best time and I’m really excited because I’m going to play my new album and with such a huge crowd, I’m really looking forward to it.”

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου